Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thomas Chan - bespoke shoes

Call me crazy but this afternoon, I just plonked RM1,000 for a bespoke/made-to-measure (MTM) leather shoe from Thomas Chan at Bangsar Shopping Complex (BSC). Honestly, the ready-to-wear (RTW) was only RM400 but as I went for MTM, the price went up by another RM300. And then, what is Thomas Chan without the orthodonthic sole? Add another RM300 to that.


Source: http://www.mens-fashion-tips.com/wingtip-dress-shoes-review.html
The picture is a Florsheim - Kenmoor - Long Wing (Heritage Calf Black)

Oh, I went for a classic black wing-tip 5-eyelet blucher. Yup, super traditional but that's what the army officers are made to wear with the No.4 uniform. I have not worn this design for more than 15 years!

As we were walking out of BSC...

Mrs B: so... someone was very happy with his RM1,000 purchase lar?

Me: Errr... well, my heel, you know... err, has been in pain... acting up, you know... ageing lar... old wounds from army days lar... you know...

Mrs B: sure sure. Next time, any purchases MORE than RM1,000... remember our deal? Joint agreement, ok? *wink wink*

Me: Yes maam!

Truly, Mrs B let me off easily, because about 2 months ago, I plonked RM2,000 on 5 shirts from Lords Tailor at BSC again...

Now, why all this spending on bespoke shoes and dress shirts? That's because on one fine evening, I got a personal "dressing down" from my Chairman... all about my dressing. I take great pride in my attire but it didn't pass my Chairman's muster.

Buaya69 asked the Lord's Tailor,"Could you make my tummy disappear?"

2 comments:

JiwaKosong said...

Hai,kenal x dengan blog OhMisteri ? kalau belum kenal ? jom visit n join blog tu di http://ohmisteri.blogspot.com ,ok hidup malaysia,babai

mama23beas said...

You call your time in ROTU as 'army days'? Muahhaha *pecah perut*