Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where was I on Sept. 11, 2001?

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. I didn't even know of it until I arrived at the office the next morning. The mood was generally of shock, unbelievable, sadness... There wasn't any mood to work even though we were at the other side of the planet, here in tiny Kuala Lumpur.

Well, there was a moment that morning after, a few of us wanted to beat up a guy for being truly insensitive and spouting nonsense on the tragedy in the office; but we didn't because we felt that things will sort out itself as none of us respected him anyway. (A few years later when he resigned, there was a general sigh of relief all over. Now that I am in a position to hire people, I vow never to recruit a non-team player no matter how technically good he is.)

I dedicate this simple poem to the survivors of 9/11, because living is harder but life is a gift - let's use our time wisely.

The clouds of dust have settled but not my heart
Instead, storms of distrust opens outward
How then this changed my soul.
But live we must and ask not where was God
Instead, focus on the now for the future will follow
How the past controls is really up to me
I thus choose life and may it be fruitful, amen.



Buaya69 says, "Tomorrow I fly, may the stewardess' please my eyes. Muahahahar!"



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: